Saturday, January 21, 2006

Last night we slept...

Anna and I...inbetween feedings :) I have had to relegate myself to the living room couch again (spent most of my pregnancy sleeping there due to terrible heartburn and reflux. ) I miss sleeping in the same bed as my husband. We were still in the honeymoon phase when I got pregnant after all (only a month after we were married.) But he gets up at 4:30 26 out of 30 days a month to go work 12 hours at least. So I really want him to be able to sleep. On one of his 4 days off this month he stayed up with Anna for the first shift. He did so last night from 8:30 til 10:30 so I could sleep since I hadn't had more than 6 hours total out of the previous 3 nights. I got up at 10:30 to feed her thinking we'd be up the rest of the night. But miracles of miracles... she went back to sleep. She did so again at 1:30 and 5:30! AND... at 7:30 she started to wake up, so I got up and made some decaf coffee and had breakfast. Then... she went back to sleep without getting up at all! Of course then I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. But I'll take the quiet time. Ran the dishwasher and did 2 loads of laundry! Whoooooweee!

She is stirring now, so I will go get her up before she gets too upset. Gotta reward her for all that night time peace! Plus that diaper should be pretty scary now :)

Z

No comments: