Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Holy days

Merry Christmas....Happy Hannukah....and Kwanza....

I have survived the holiday (even hosted) and now am beat. In about 48 hours I am scheduled to deliver this baby. I am ready as I'll ever be. It's interesting doing this at 37 and 1/2, having just come off of a year of wedding planning (married last March) graduation (last Sat) and now ending the year with a new baby. Though I am prepared for sleepness nights, I'm experienced enough to also know that it will be a complete shock to my system after a five year period of single motherhood to an 11 and 8 year old who are pretty independent little guys. They also go to stay with their dad every other week, which allows me lots of free time... for 48 more hours! My husband has an (almost) 11 year old daughter as well who goes to her mom's a few times a week. So we have been spoiled our first two years together by having anywhere from 1 to 3 nights a week to ourselves. Always an assured date night! Not anymore... starting all over. Very surreal.

I look forward to staying at home with our new baby (girl) but also remember the isolation of stay-at-home motherhood. Seems like nobody I know can afford to (or wants to) make this choice. Interestingly, my brother is a stay at home dad of two year old twins, but he and his wife live in Arizona and I am in Ohio. So other than lots of phone time (which anyone who has one two year old realizes it is impossible to hold an intelligent phone conversation with another adult who is taking care of a two year old at that particular moment. Imagine that times twins.

Glad this baby is single :)

My sister-in-law is pregnant again...wow.

My other sister-in-law (husband's brother's wife) is pregnant as well. As is my neice with her second child. All of them are either living in Ohio or visited us within the past year, so if you're really fertile I'd stay clear of my end of town unless your interested in adding onto your family!

So we are all doing our share of go forth and multiply.

On that note, I'm off to get some sleep. One of my last two nights that will only be interupted by my maternal need to pee every other hour. In two days, someone else's needs will dictate my sleep schedule :

So, once again happy whichever holiday you are celebrating. Happy Sunday if you're celebrating no holidays. I will hopefully be back on to post next weekend when I return home and am recovering from surgery.

No comments: