Sunday, December 11, 2005

Early attempts

Ok.. I consider myself somewhere between techno challenged and as computer savy as most... but I'm new to this blogging stuff. So it may take a few tries to get it right. Apologies in advance to all who know exactly what they're doing.

Today is a beautiful winter's day. Wish I felt up to running out and Christmas Shopping. It's a little hazzardous so late in pregnancy (3 weeks to go!) due to all the snow, ice, and my ever-increasing lack of grace and dexterity. I have quite a bit of shopping to do for both Christmas and new baby, along with LOTS of returns for baby stuff. I had a shower a few weeks ago and almost everyone bought velour pink outfits (well- yes we do know it's a girl, so it's not that unreasonable!) Having spent my time shopping for baby boy clothes in years gone by I thought I would embrace pink as spontaneous and fun!!!!

But I am not a frilly female myself, and much prefer the practicle side. So....fancy pink velour will be traded in for some jammies (in yellow, green and lavendar) just to mix it up. The favorite outfit I received (mine as well as the crowd who may also been running out of "OOOhhhhs and Ahhhhhsss for pink velour) was sent by my cousin- one of the few brave people to tackle my actual gift registry. God bless her.

I tried to put it in right here, but once again I am new to this. So I'll post it separately, along with a pic of the mound o' pink velour. Well, I know this isn't the most exciting reading on here so I'll wrap up. I just wanted to get my feet wet so to speak (hence the pic I took of the pond :) Hope all are safely making their way through horrible Holiday traffic and shopping. I'm staying in today and enjoying the tree.

No comments: